Check Your Child's Head
We have had cases of head lice reported. Thank you to the parents for letting us know.
Please check your child’s head following the simple CHECK, TREAT, COMPLETE routine below:
- Your child’s hair once a week.
- Use a proper detection comb – with teeth no more than 0.3 mm apart to trap head lice, and white in colour so they can easily be seen.
- If you find live lice, consult a pharmacy for treatment advice.
- If head lice are spotted, take a close look at all the family, including yourself and ask close family and friends to check as well.
- Only treat if live lice are identified.
- Use a clinically proven treatment, ideally with a physical mode of action to which lice are very unlikely to build up a resistance.
- Leave the treatment on for the recommended time for maximum effect– leaving it on for longer will not make it more effective.
- Repeat the treatment for a second time seven days after the first to kill any lice that may hatch from eggs during that time - if the pack instructions specify that a second application is required.
- Check that all head lice have gone within two to three days of the final application of head lice treatment to complete the process.